Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Gratitude

I almost succumbed to my ego.  I almost posted about the negative things that are on my mind right now.  Then I realized how ridiculous I sounded.  It dawned on me that there is so much suffering in this world.  I feel ashamed to have been wallowing in self pity, fear, and sadness.  I guess I haven't truly appreciated what is right in front of me.  How could I be so blind?

Just imagine what we could accomplish if we stopped feeling miserable, and started seeing how much Love is in our lives.  All negativity melts away as I think about everything I am grateful for.  This simple reversal in perception has created a shift in energy that is powerful.  I feel a passion for life again. 

Try it out and you'll see what I mean.  :) 


~Love & Light ~

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that's the ticket! I'm going to see how I could take your post and make it a background on my desktop! Thank you!

spldbch said...

You're absolutely right about most people missing the wonderful things they have right in front of them. However, there is no reason for you to feel ashamed. Rather, feel proud that you recognized what you were doing and that you were able to change your behavior. Most people don't do that.

sahasrara said...

Write,

That's awesome, thank you!! Glad you liked my post. :)

sahasrara said...

Spldbch,

Thank you for your kind words :)

Dayne Gingrich said...

Sooo important. Every morning and every night b4 bed: List those (X) amount of things we're grateful for. Hugely successful for our souls, and the souls around us.

Great post!

Dayne